Use of tools makes many tasks easier. However, the same tools that assist us, if improperly used or maintained, can create significant hazards in our work areas. Employees who use tools must be properly trained to use, adjust, store and maintain tools properly. The greatest hazards posed by hand tools result from misuse and improper maintenance.
Our defensive driving training is a comprehensive driver improvement program offering practical knowledge and techniques to avoid crashes, and to choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviours. The program has been designed, established and proven to produce fewer vehicle collisions (including company vehicles); less absenteeism due to injuries and court time; and life-long safe driving habits. It focuses on collision prevention through hazard recognition and application of collision avoidance techniques. In addition, the course also addresses common driving violations that results in collision, and how to change driving habits to eliminate moving violations. This defensive driving course is designed for the adult learner; complete concepts are presented so they are easily understood, course materials are fully integrated, this enables participants who can't read well to learn visually and through group discussion.
Drivers learn the principles of defensive driving and essential collision avoidance techniques. The sessions included in the course are:
- Learn to recognize the need for and benefits of defensive driving, and that defensive driving involves both legal and personal responsibility. Participants will be able to identify risky driving attitudes and behaviours, determine if a collision was preventable, understanding the human, environmental and business consequences of poor process safety.
- You will be able to identify the benefits of occupant restraint systems, explain the effects of drugs and alcohol on driving ability, and spot physical and mental driver conditions that may affect driving. You will also be taught techniques to maintain overall control in adverse driving situations.
- One will become familiar with the skills and techniques that allow you to avoid collisions and traffic violations, and you will learn to spot the common types of driving errors that contribute to road traffic accidents. Participants will be taught how to make safe and legal turns, evaluate and overcome the hazards of passing, and how to avoid a head-on collision.
- Drivers will learn how to choose the appropriate defensive driving strategy to avoid a collision in any given situation and how to identify personal behaviour and decisions required to avoid collisions.
- Participants will be presented with driving skills and techniques to use in avoiding collisions and violations caused by vehicle or driving conditions.
Who can take the Course?
Anyone who would like to develop an understanding on defensive driving such as:
- Drivers of Company Vehicles
- Travelling Officers & Executives
- Sales Representatives
- All Drivers (employees/ visitors)
Whether you are a new driver or an experienced one, a defensive driving course can really make the difference between getting involved in an accident or avoiding it altogether. Those who are unprepared for the situation up ahead may not know what they should do next. Key benefits include:
- Teaches very important lessons in how to separate emotion from the task at hand, which is focusing on the road and this alone, can save lives and prevent accidents.
- Importance of making allowances for adverse driving conditions such as bad weather, control of fear, snap decision making, quick reaction time, emergency care and safety.
- Road rage incidences are happening more and more with people being more stressed out, having less patience and overreacting to small driver errors. These can lead to people having confrontations and in some cases can lead to serious accidents and even death. Defensive driving courses can show drivers ways to avoid these situations.
- How to be responsible and careful drivers who will avoid accidents and not be the cause of them.
- Helps driver to be aware of what other drivers may do and react to those moves in a manner that will help to remain safe and avoid a collision.