IOSH Managing Safely Version 5.0
NIST Institute is an approved centre of IOSH since September 2008 with good tutor panel which does IOSH Managing Safely training and assist Individuals in getting membership from IOSH. IOSH MS is the successful programme with great cutting edge in propagandizing health and safety. NIST delivers stepwise guidance and discharge high quality animated graphics and presentation material makes IOSH Managing Safely training course as the most effective programme. The delegates will find everything they need in this inspiring pack. IOSH Managing Safely courses offered in NIST with trainers who are well qualified and highly experienced will provide a good support to the delegates throughout the training session.
12973 already enrolled!
QualificationIOSH Managing Safely Version 5.0
LevelBasic / Level 2
Exam TypeRemote Exam
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) has recently updated its managing safely course to provide deeper insights for an effective management of health and safety in the workplace. This course is highly practical and primarily designed to equip managers and supervisors in any organization/sector with essential knowledge and skills to efficiently tackle health and safety issues in the workplace. It covers a wide range of topics with relevant case studies and real-time examples to show how the safety negligence impacts on organization's reputation. Further, it emphasises on why health and safety to be considered as an integral part of their responsibilities. This course is the ideal choice to demonstrate commitment to the health and safety standards in any organization/sector.
- Team leaders
- Directors and owners of smaller organizations, and
- Personnel who needs basic understanding of health and safety management.
On completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course, candidates will be able to:
- Familiar with the health and safety responsibilities
- List out and differentiate key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify different types of hazards in the workplace
- State the purpose and benefits of risk assessment process
- Demonstrate best techniques to assess and control risks
- Illustrate risk assessment process in a step-by-step manner
- Recognize the significance of legal requirements of health and safety
- Point out the key benefits of implementing a health and safety management system in the workplace
- Explain the accident investigation procedure
- Describe the principles of good safety and health performance
- Carryout internal and external safety audits
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Benefits of Pursuing this Course
- Provides international recognition and boosts career prospects
- Empowers sound knowledge of health and safety management principles
- Aids in safeguarding the well-being of employee or staff that results in enhanced productivity and increased employee confidence
- Helps to satisfy legal requirements and serve the community better
- Promote company-wide safety awareness culture
- Facilitates to build up the trust among clients and stakeholders for enhanced reputation
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- 3 days (classroom training)
Assessment and Certification
Candidates are evaluated via multiple choice questions and workplace risk assessment project. Upon successful completion, candidates will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certification.
To be eligible for a Managing safely certificate, delegates must:
- Attend all seven modules
- Achieve the minimum mark on the multi - format assessment paper - this is 36 out of 60
- Achieve the minimum mark on the project - this is 23 out of 38
- Have a total score of 60 or more.
- NEBOSH Health & Safety at Workplace (HSW)
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC)
- NEBOSH International Diploma (IDIP)
Examination schedule as per the course calendar
GM & Head, HR Voltas Ltd
Over the last few months, 150+ employees have been through the IOSH - Managing Safely program conducted by NIST. The feedback from the participants have been overwhelming, particularly on identification of potential risks and inculcating a "Right First Time" approach. This program has aided in evaluating the competencies of the existing safety/projects team and has also helped in further building the safety culture in our company. The Subject Matter Specialist from your institute were also well experienced coupled with rich course content from IOSH which was delivered flawlessly.