Do you know? 33 million years of healthy life are lost each year due to the 420 000 deaths and 600 million estimated illnesses caused by contaminated food worldwide. The food industry has expanded significantly in recent decades. While other aspects of food, such as flavour, price, creativity, and variety, are important, safety and hygiene play a critical role in determining the success and reputation of any food chain.
Food safety is a major concern in the world today. Food businesses must be able to produce safe food that is free from contamination and spoilage to succeed in their business and keep people safe and so, the primary focus of food businesses must be to create food that is safe for consumption. For this to happen, companies in the food business need to endure a food safety management system. ISO 22000:2018 is pertinent in light of this. This certification is crucial in demonstrating their ability to produce safe food, which is actually the first step in gaining the confidence and trust of customers who may be hesitant to eat their products out of fear for food poisoning that could have a serious effect on their health and lives.
In general, the primary objectives of the standards are to:
- Increase quality
- Provide a framework for implementing traceability in organisations so that they can demonstrate compliance to regulations and legislation that apply globally, nationally and locally
- Enable all stakeholders within an organisation to understand their responsibilities in relation to traceability and document control
- Ensuring that documentation and procedures are properly documented, communicated and implemented across business functions and locations
- Demonstrate to external parties that your company adheres to current regulations and processes in order to maintain trust and confidence in your brand
ISO 22000 certification:
The ISO (International organization for Standardisation) 22000 was established in 1947. The requirements for a food safety management system are outlined in ISO 22000:2018, and every organisation involved in the food chain can demonstrate conformity with these standards.
What does the ISO 22000 certification mean to you and your company?
The ISO 22000 standard provides detailed guidelines on how companies should manage their risks, including the introduction of new products into the market, the use of hazardous chemicals and other aspects of the company’s operations that are known to cause or contribute to food contamination and disease transmission in humans.
Why do organisations need 22000:2018 certification?
- By defining requirements and specifying performance objectives helps businesses to identify areas where improvement is necessary and to make changes in line with these requirements
- To meet regulatory requirements
- To improve lead-time, improve quality, and decrease production time
- Helps in producing safe food.
- Helps to identify unsafe food and prevent foodborne illness
- Helps Food businesses to prepare a plan in place to ensure that their food is safe
There are many benefits of ISO 22000:2018 certification: It establishes your company’s commitment to quality; it provides you with documented proof that you have implemented a comprehensive food safety management system; it proves your company is taking measures to prevent contamination; it increases consumer confidence; it helps improve customer service; it improves your reputation; and it makes it easier to obtain other forms of business or government funding.
ISO 22000:2018 is one of the most important food safety management systems in the world today and this standard has been designed to cover all aspects of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS). Furthermore, ISO 22000,
- Facilitates consistency of approach across organizations
- Has been designed specifically for the needs of modern food businesses, and it gives these businesses a comprehensive framework within which to manage their risks from food-borne illness
- Provides clarity on how different aspects of food safety should be managed and helps ensure that all stakeholders are aware of their responsibilities
- Is an international food safety standard that was developed in response to the increasing global food-poisoning incidents
- Promotes food safety compliance throughout the supply chain
- Helps in ensuring an effective food safety culture throughout the supply chain
- Provides a robust and secure framework to enable consistent delivery of safe foods throughout your supply chain
- Increases food safety awareness among all parties involved in the supply chain.
- Assists in ensuring that staff are trained and motivated
- Provides a framework within which employees can effectively manage their daily work and meet customer expectations, responsibilities
- Helps in establishing your own credibility and reputation as a reputable supplier of safe food products
- Supports transparency and traceability of food from farm-to-fork across all stages of production and distribution
- Provides a common framework for food safety management, from pre-packaging to post-packaging.
- Offers a systematic approach to food safety management, which enables food producers, processors, distributors and retailers to identify, predict and prevent food-borne risks.
- Offers a risk-based Approach to Food Safety Management, which helps to identify and prioritize food safety risks
- Is an important standard for organizations to comply with
- Provides a framework for measuring and measuring quality, establishing baseline requirements, specifying performance objectives, and tracking progress.
Listed below are some types of organisations that can work on this ISO 22000:2018 Consultancy project?
Export & Import Industries
Hotels & Restaurants
Catering / Canteen
Why Choose Us?
In today’s fast-paced world, you need a partner that can help you develop your Food Safety Management System (FSMS) effectively and efficiently – and one that can keep up with ever changing regulation and legislation.
For ISO 22000: 2018 certification, we are acting as an independent consultant; we have successfully completed a number of ISO certifications for top-tier businesses. Our experts have more than 25 years of combined expertise consulting with a range of industries, including FMCG, Dairy, Food Processing, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, API, etc. With our innovative approach to project management, we have a proven track record of completing projects on time and within budget in a variety of challenging circumstances. Our consultancy service includes:
- Food Safety Observation Reports
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Food Safety Procedures and Templates
- ISO 22000:2018 Awareness Training
- Shop floor training programmes
- Action planning
We are committed to ensuring that the requirements of the Standard are met by using appropriate quality systems and processes, and through regular audits and inspections by our Quality Assurance. WE,
- Assists in identifying potential hazards
- Develops prevention plans, implements them, evaluates the effectiveness of these prevention strategies
- Reviews the data
- Provides reports and recommendations to support continuing improvement efforts as needed for compliance with the standards and certification process itself, including monitoring and auditing procedures, and verifying all records and reporting to maintain regulatory compliance.
As mentioned, we help companies meet their compliance requirements by identifying the most effective ways to improve quality in processes while also providing solutions that save money and reduce risk to the business environment. ISO certification is no longer a luxury—it’s a necessity! Our team of experienced auditors has been helping leading organisations achieve ISO 22000: 2018 certification, so you can rest assured your organisation will receive expert advice, comprehensive support, and high quality assurance throughout the process to ensure successful certification. It’s time to make things better…
For further details, contact our client servicing team @ +91 9384663536 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org