ISO 14001:2015 is a global standard that was developed to help organisations manage and protect the environment. ISO 14001 provides an overall framework for environmental management, which includes setting standards for environmentally responsible operations; implementing risk-based measures to identify and prevent potential environmental risks; measuring performance against targets; and reporting results back to stakeholders.
Organizations must implement ISO 14001:2015 in order to meet regulatory requirements, improve their operational efficiency, reduce waste generation and toxicity levels, increase employee awareness of green practices, improve customer service delivery, or enhance their reputation with third-party customers or investors. In addition, certification enables your organisation to demonstrate its commitment to sustainable business practices.
ISO 14001:2015 is one of the few nationally applicable environmental management systems that cover all organisational functions across many different industries. ISO 14001:2015 is a comprehensive environmental management system for businesses and organisations that are committed to continuous improvement in their environmental management processes and products, and the protection of the environment. This can be achieved by creating a culture in which workers, customers, and the public are protected by a company’s operations, services, products, and people. The standard is based on the concept of corporate citizenship, which is about giving more to the world than just taking.
Why is ISO 14001:2015 important in industries?
There are many reasons to implement ISO 14001:2015. Some reasons may be that your company is committed to continual improvement, or your employees are committed to their work environment. Others might be a result of legal, social, or environmental responsibility. ISO 14001:2015 will support you in implementing and maintaining a positive, progressive, and positive environment.
ISO 14001:2015 is a globally accepted standard for environmental management. Businesses that are certified to meet this standard generally have laid down a system to track, monitor, and report their environmental performance.
There are a number of reasons why your organisation would benefit from ISO 14001:2015 certification. To name a few, it would be:
- Enhance your credibility with customers and clients: By demonstrating that you have implemented an environmental management system that meets the highest standards, you can instil confidence in your customers and clients
- Saving you time and money: By implementing systematic tracking and monitoring of your environmental performance, you can avoid costly mistakes and save money on costs associated with pollution and environmental degradation.
- Encourage innovation: By promoting transparency and accountability in your environmental management procedures, you can motivate your employees to come up with innovative approaches to reduce environmental effects.
- Build community trust: A well-managed environmental system can help build community trust and encourage social responsibility.
- Increase the organisation’s reputation
- Reduction of work-related illnesses
- Increased productivity
- Reduced operating costs
- Improved safety
- Improved employee morale
- Reduced absenteeism
- Greater business growth
- Improved corporate reputation
- Reduced litigation costs
- Reduced fines
- Increased company profitability
- Increase in overall employee satisfaction
- Increased ability to attract new staff
- Increased ability to retain existing employees
- Reduction of energy costs
- Reduced safety risks and improved risk management
- Increased business continuity
- Reduction of carbon emissions
Getting ISO 14001:2015 certification is a simple process. You can undergo a formal certification program to meet the required requirements but be sure to consult with an accredited certification body to ensure that you comply with the stringent standards of the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
ISO 14001:2015 certification is a valuable tool that businesses can use to improve their environmental performance. By meeting the required standards, you can ensure that your organisation is taking responsible steps to protect the environment and safeguard the well-being of its customers and employees.
What types of organisations can undertake this ISO 14001:2015 consultancy?
ISO 14001:2015 Consulting can be undertaken by industries or organisations of any size, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Electrical & Electronics, etc.
NIST has provided consulting services to the chemical, process, e-commerce, garment, and warehousing industries, etc. and we received up to 60+ certifications to date. We offer excellent end-to-end support to clients during the Pre-project phase (Understanding the scope), the implementation phase (Assisting to conduct the mock drill, 1st Internal Audit & Management Review Meeting) and, Post-project (Recommendations for any NC corrective action plan), assisting the client in achieving a smooth transition by understanding the project requirements, Providing a suitable solution based on the project requirements, identifying and rectifying potential issues, Planning, conducting a thorough audit of project documentation, Identifying all risks before implementation, preparing detailed reports about the risks found, Making recommendations in order to improve management practices, creating a system for risk tracking, reporting, and control Maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders involved, Following up as required after the implementation.
Your organisation would receive expert assistance and advice, which may include:
- Reports on Environmental Observations
- Assessments of Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Environmental Policies and Procedures
- ISO 14001:2015 Education and Training
- Programs for shop floor training
- Action planning
For further details regarding the training, contact our client servicing team @ +91 9384663536 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.