What is ISO 45001:2018?
- ISO 45001:2018 is an internationally recognized standard that provides guidance for the design, operation, and management of systems and processes to manage risks.
- ISO 45001 has been developed in response to the growing need for organizations to respond effectively to incidents, protect their assets and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- ISO 45001 is a comprehensive standard that covers all aspects of risk management, including identification, assessment, mitigation, prevention, and control.
The certification includes a range of criteria, including fire protection, electrical power supply, emergency evacuation systems, as well as emergency exit routes, emergency lighting procedures, etc. The requirements are determined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and are certified by a recognized accreditation body according to internationally recognized norms and regulations that provide for safe, high-quality services to customers and employees alike, as well as an effective response in times of need through an appropriate emergency plan and adequate equipment in accordance with international standards and practices. This certification confirms that a company has a very good level of knowledge about safety in their premises and it ensures that they have all necessary measures for ensuring employee and customer safety.
Benefits of 45001:2018 certification:
Organizations should definitely consider implementing ISO 45001:2018 in order to benefit from all of these benefits below.
The benefits of ISO 45001:2018 Certification include:
- Increased reliability and efficiency of your organization’s safety and health system
- Improved public image and improved reputation
- Reduced litigation costs
- Reduction in liability claims/expenses
- Increased productivity and profitability
- Improve working relationships between management and employees
- Increase employee trust, confidence, and happiness
- Enhanced capability to comply with regulatory requirements
- Increased motivation and commitment of employees to safety and health
- Increased competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Identifying potential problems at an early stage so they can be addressed before they become major issues or disasters
- Increased job satisfaction due to better working conditions
- Establish a positive image and brand value in the marketplace
- Improved data accuracy
- Reduced time to completion of processes
- Easier time tracking and audit trails
- Risks can be identified, eliminated, and/or minimised before they become hazards by adhering to a systematic standard for your occupational health & safety protection in accordance with ISO 45001:2018.
ISO 45001:2018 is a globally accepted automation standard that can improve the efficiency, information and communication of business processes in an organization. Implementing ISO 45001:2018 can reduce the amount of documentation required, improve the accuracy of data and help improve the speed and accuracy of business processes. All of these benefits can help organizations meet deadlines and keep up with the competition.
Steps involved in establishing an ISO 45001:2018 Management System:
- Analyze the gaps, identify the risks and hazards, and legal obligations
- Define everyone’s roles and responsibilities in terms of OHSMS.
- Develop OH & S policy, procedures, documentation, objectives & targets
- Coordinate with the HSE and other agencies in terms of compliance with OHS laws
- Assist to conduct an internal audit & management review for compliance with OHSMS
- Ensure safety culture is developed, maintained and continuously improved
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the management system as well as the individual components within the Management system by means of audits, assessments, inspections etc.
What types of Organizations can undertake this ISO 45001:2018 Consultancy?
Any organization, regardless of size, can seek ISO 45001:2018 consulting. Few of them are:
- Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Chemical, etc.
Firms should consider obtaining an ISO 45001:2018 certification in order to meet the safety and environmental standards mandated by various governments throughout the world. This accreditation is a crucial certification framework. Organizations that have received ISO 45001:2018 certification in their operations have seen a rise in dependability, efficiency, and safety. An ISO 45001:2018 certification can help your organization meet regulatory requirements and build trust with stakeholders, customers, and employees.
An ISO 45001:2018 certification requires an assessment of your organization’s performance against a set of defined criteria, leading to a formal statement of compliance being made available for use as proof of meeting a certain standard in the eyes of other stakeholders such as regulators and customers who will see this evidence of your organization’s commitment to safety and environment protection on a regular basis, over time, during the life cycle of products or services provided. We offer a wide range of support and assistance to clients across our country in implementing ISO 45001:2018 compliance.
Achieving ISO 45001:2018 certification is a sign of commitment to progress; it’s a benchmark in which your organization can take pride and which you need to uphold for the sake of the Company’s long-term success. Most importantly, this accreditation may inspire and encourage staff to conduct themselves in a safe and healthy manner at work.