Shopping malls are one of the busiest places in the day. They attract people from different backgrounds and regions. They are places where people can spend their leisure time. It is important that the shopping malls maintain a safe environment for the shoppers as well as the business owners. The main objective of conducting a Fire & Life Safety Audit is to identify the fire hazards and life safety risks present in the shopping mall.
A shopping mall fire can be a devastating event that causes physical and emotional injuries to both shoppers and employees. Fires in shopping malls are particularly dangerous because they often cause extensive damage quickly, trapping people inside the building. In addition, fires in shopping malls often involve hazardous materials such as flammable liquids or aerosols. As a result of these factors, we must take special precautions when responding to fires in shopping malls.
A Fire & Life Safety Audit can be conducted in a couple of ways. It can be a visual inspection or a risk assessment. In a visual inspection, the auditor visits different parts of the shopping mall and evaluates the fire safety measures taken. A risk assessment, on the other hand, involves conducting a detailed analysis of the fire hazards and life safety risks. The principal purpose of conducting a risk assessment is to identify the potential fire hazards and life safety risks. The auditor also assesses the preparedness of the shopping mall to deal with a fire.
Why Fire & Life Safety Audit is important?
A Fire & Life Safety Audit is important because it can help the shopping mall maintain a safe environment for the shoppers as well as the business owners. The audit will help identify the fire hazards and life safety risks present in the shopping mall. The shopping mall will then be able to take the necessary steps to protect the shoppers and its business.
Benefits of Fire & Life Safety Audit:
An important part of fire and life safety management is conducting an annual audit to identify any deficiencies in the systems.
In the event of an emergency, one of the most urgent things that a person can do is to protect themselves and those around them. The first thing that is usually done in such an emergency is to ensure that everyone is safe. This is where the role of a fire and life safety audit comes into play.
The purpose of a fire and life safety audit is to ensure that all areas in which people may be present are safe. Moreover, the objective of a fire and life safety audit is to identify any areas in which improvement may be necessary. By conducting a fire and life safety audit, it is possible to avoid future emergencies.
The process of conducting a fire and life safety audit involves the collection of data. The data collected during a fire and life safety audit can be used to improve the safety of a facility. The best way to conduct a fire and life safety audit is to enlist the help of an expert.
Fire and Life Safety Audit objectives:
- Review of the policy statement for fire safety (Fire order)
- Identifying fire hazards
- Determine who would be at risk if any hazard arises
- Analyze and assess the efficiency of the current preventative measures
- Suggest adding further protective measures to avoid future hazards
- Examine whether there is a suitable emergency plan in place that outlines the duties and responsibilities of key personnel
- Verify fire alarm and detection systems are available. Also, check if there are adequate firefighting resources, such as hydrants, sprinklers, extinguishers, etc.
- Analyze the passive fire protection systems that are in place
- Analyse the general awareness of occupants and security personnel on matters relating to fire safety and rescue operations
- Checking and reviewing the existing management plans for fire prevention
- Analyse the training and instructions on fire safety imparted to the employees and occupants
- Verify the records of training imparted to employees and occupants with regards to fire safety
- Assess all relevant electrical safety risks
- Examine the storage and control of flammable and hazardous substances
- Assess the existing fire preventive and protective control measures, On-site emergency response plans, and fire risk assessment report
The Fire & Life Safety Audit conducted by the shopping mall will help protect the shoppers as well as the business owners. The audit will help identify the fire hazards and the life safety risks present in the shopping mall. The shopping mall will then be able to take the necessary steps to protect the shoppers and the business. As a customer of this service, you can expect that we have: 1) Our team members will conduct the audit on your behalf; 2) We are going to share the results with you; and 3) We are going to provide you with recommendations based on the audit results, so that you can make the necessary improvements at your own pace and budget. Also, our team members will assess and report any fire hazard found during the inspection and will recommend the necessary actions that need to be taken to minimize these risks.