British Retail Consortium Global Standard Certification
What is BRC GS?
British Retail Consortium (BRC), responding to industry needs, developed and introduced the BRC Food Technical Standard to be used to evaluate manufacturers of retailers' own brand food products. It is designed to assist retailers and brand owners, produce food products of consistent safety and quality and assist with their 'due diligence' defence, should they be subject to prosecution by the enforcement authorities. Under European Union (EU) food laws, retailers and brand owners have a legal responsibility for their brands
Each of these standards is regularly reviewed, revised and updated at least every 3 years, after extensive consultation with a wide range of stakeholders.
Why your organization would require BRC GS Certification?
Organisations would require BRC GS Certification in order to attain the below benefits:
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- A Preventive approach to Food Safety, Food Defense & Food Quality
- Compliance with international standards and regulatory requirements
- Improved traceability of products
- Reduced investigation time
- Increased organizational credibility & reputation
- Compatible with BRC GS :2018 and Pre-Requisite Programs (PRP)
What are the various steps involved in establishing BRC GS?
- Analyse the gaps
- Identify the food safety hazards, risks involved and legal requirements
- Conduct hazard analysis and prepare HACCP plan as per the Principles
- Define Food Safety Policy
- Establish Food Safety Objectives
- Plan to prepare BRC GS documents
- Define roles and responsibilities of all towards FSMS
- Develop food safety policy, procedures, documentation, objectives & targets
- Assist to conduct Internal Audit and Management Review
NIST has delivered consultancy services to Top Leading Companies to successfully achieve their BRC GS Certification.
A Competent team of Food Safety professionals with more than 25+ years of collective experience in a myriad of industries.
(Pre-project, Implementation & Post-project)
An Excellent end to end support to clients during
- Pre-project phase (Understanding the scope),
- Implementation phase (Assisting to conduct 1st Internal Audit & Management Review Meeting) and,
- Post-project (Recommendations for any NC corrective action plan).
What your organization will receive from the service?
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Food Safety Observation Reports
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) & PRP
- Food Defense, Food Quality, and Allergen Management
- Food Safety Documentation (Manuals, SOP’s, Checklists, and Templates)
- Shop floor training programmes
- Action planning
What types of Organizations can undertake this BRC GS Consultancy?,
Organizations in the food chain irrespective of their size and type can undertake BRC GS Consultancy.
- Food Manufacturing Industries
- Food Processing Industries
- Export Oriented Units & Import Industries
- Packaging Industries
- Retail Industries
- Repackers, etc.
Our BRC GS consultancy services are based purely on customer needs and involve our expert team who will outline a BRC GS standard implementation timeline including the process improvements, recommend necessary training, specify dates for internal audits & achieve improvement in food safety performance.
A realistic timeline for an organization to achieve certification is somewhere between 6 to 8 months depending on their size and complexity.
BRC GS certification will be valid for 3 years. However, the certification body will carry out surveillance audits annually to ensure that you are compliant. BRC GS also requires an unannounced audit once in every certification cycle, during a surveillance audit. Every 3 years, you will be requested to complete a recertification audit of the entire system.