Global statistics says 1.2 million people worldwide are killed in the road crash every year & approximately 50 million people are injured. It is essential to learn the driving habits & skills which will improve the performance of the driver, reduce vehicle crashes & injuries & crash-related costs.
Defensive driving is a set of driving skills & strategies which helps to recognize the unanticipated risk and take well-informed decisions. This safe driving enables the driver to manage & control the vehicle in an emergency & reduce the danger associated with it.
This proactive driving methodology is designed to identify the high-risk behaviour of the commuter before the crash & facilitate changes.
Defensive Driving training helps the delegates to understand the driving rules, standard driving practices & the required driving mechanics of the vehicle. The main objectives of the training are to reduce the risk by anticipating the hazardous situation, adverse conditions & driving errors. The techniques learnt further helps to reduce the likelihood & consequence of vehicle collision & incidents.
1 Day / 8 hours
Interactive Session of Defensive Driving
Learning Outcomes of Defensive Driving training
- Understand the basics of defensive driving with examples
- Details the different types of hazards related to vehicle movements
- Realize the importance of physical & mental wellbeing of drivers
- Gain in-depth knowledge on diverse vehicle conditions
- Discuss the different types of routes & environmental conditions leading to accidents
- Recognize the criteria’s required for a safe site, safe vehicle conditions & safe journey
- Discuss how to deal with unanticipated situation/accident
- Explain how the vehicle safety devices help in protecting the vehicle occupants
Who can take the Defensive Driving training?
- Commercial vehicle drivers
- Drivers employed in Organisation
- Drivers of Emergency Vehicles
- Equipment Operators
- Any individual who drives a four-wheeler or two-wheeler
Benefits of Defensive Driving training
- Better preparedness in dealing with unanticipated risks
- Reduce fear & helps in snap decision making
- Transform the learners into responsible drivers
- Enhance the driving knowledge & skills
- Develop a positive attitude & avoid fines
- Understand diverse crash prevention techniques
- Minimize the risk of vehicle collision & traffic violations
- Reduce vehicles repair bills & replacement cost to the employer
- A Worker will be safe on the road both on & off the job
- Delegates are assessed through a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Face to face training
- Virtual training
TATA Coffee Limited
I take this opportunity to thank everyone, for providing us a wonderful eye opening session on "defensive driving" at our factory premises. Especially I would like to thank the trainer, who conducted the training with high spirit and intense knowledge. Our Management liked the entire session. So, We would like to continue the same in each and every quarter.