NIST - India's First NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner
Equality & Diversity Policy
- NIST Institute Pvt Ltd is committed in providing equality of opportunity for all training courses, throughout the delivery of courses and assessment leading to the completion of the qualification or units. This commitment is irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexuality, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
- NIST Institute Pvt Ltd is committed in ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly and equally, in order to help and encourage them to reach their full potential through training and development.
- If NIST Institute of Pvt Ltd is delivering courses in another country, due consideration is given to any geographical variation in, or additional, equality and diversity legislative requirements.
- Due to the nature of the qualifications and units delivered by NIST Institute Pvt Ltd (with training courses of one and five days duration), equality and diversity monitoring is required to be an ‘active’ process that is concurrent with the delivery of the training. For example, it may not be possible to address issues of access or reasonable adjustment requirements until the candidate arrives on the day of training.
- NIST Institute Pvt Ltd complies with the procedure contained in terms and conditions of accredited provider, which is updated annually. This includes arrangement for access, assessment of training needs, reasonable adjustment and special consideration.
- The commitment of NIST Institute Pvt Ltd to equality and diversity could be assessed through regular audit.
- It is the responsibility of NIST Institute Pvt Ltd to make all the candidates aware of both the accreditation body and the centre’s commitment to and implementation of equal opportunities through the provision of the centre’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Candidates are invited to contact the accreditation body at any time about any issues relating to equal oppurtunities, in order that it can take action to address any inequalities.
- NIST Institute Pvt Ltd encourages candidates to provide certain details for equality and diversity monitoring, which is collected on assessment forms and returned to the accreditation bodies.
- NIST Institute Pvt Ltd also encourages all candidates to provide feedback to the centre and the accreditation body on their learning experience, by responding to a feedback form issued at the end of each course, with specific reference to their experience on access and equality of opportunity. This method is used as it is not possible to obtain this feedback face to face due to the duration of the training for accredited organisations and units provided. (Short term courses)
Monitoring of compliance with equality and diversity
- All feedback, both formal and informal, from candidates, employers and clients or other interested parties, is reviewed by NIST Institute Pvt Ltd. If any changes to the centre’s policies or procedures are considered necessary to maintain compliance, these are actioned as soon as possible.