Food Safety Audit
What is a Food Safety Audit?
Food Safety Audits are a part of the quality assurance process for any food business operators to ensure food safety throughout the process and are customized monitoring audits based on the client’s existing food safety management system or food safety standards pertaining to the industry.
Food Safety Audit focuses on gathering information about a food business to identify any areas of potential improvements in the business, food safety processes and systems. It also identifies areas of the business that have deficiencies and recommends the appropriate action to correct any deficiencies.
Why your Organization would require Food Safety Audit?
Food business operators should opt for Food Safety Audit for the following benefits:
- Real-time assessment of process on a day-to-day basis
- Identifies the gaps in the food safety system and processes
- Fosters greater organizational communication
- Promotes employee engagement & ownership
- Avoid legal penalties for non-compliance with the legal standards
- Assists in building a strong food safety culture within the organization
- Provides an opportunity to build on brand reputation
- Enhances a more profitable bottom line where benefits outweigh costs.
What are the various steps involved in the Food Safety Audit process?
Being a pioneer in Health, Safety & Environment, NIST has been brewed to be a distinctive player with multifaceted industries’ auditing experience.
NIST has a skilled and seasoned team of Food Safety auditors and consultants across the globe. Our team has extensive experience in industries like:
- Food Processing,
- Chain of Hotels,
- Flight Kitchens,
- Quick Service Restaurants,
- E-Commerce Sector handling Groceries, Poultry, etc.
(Pre-project, Implementation & Post-project)
An excellent end to end support to clients during:
What your organization will receive from the service?
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Food Safety audit report with Food safety rating
- Customized checklist with respect to client’s business model
- Detailed department wise analysis of Observations and its Recommendations
- Pictorial evidence supporting observations
- Detailed dashboard tracker for multi-location audit
What types of Organizations can undertake this Food Safety auditing service?
As per the legal standards, market & customer’s requirement, Food Safety audit is becoming mandatory for the following industries:
- Dairy Products and analogues, excluding products of food category 2.0
- Meat and meat products including poultry
- Fish and fish products, including molluscs, crustaceans, and echinoderms
- Egg and egg products
- Foodstuff intended for particular nutritional uses (Food for infant nutrition, etc.)
- Prepared food (catering, etc.)