FSSC 22000 – Food Safety System Certification
What is FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 is a combination of ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System requirements), ISO/TS 22002 pre-requisite programs (PRP) and FSSC 22000 Additional requirements on food safety. FSSC 22000 gives us requirements to control and reduce food safety hazard together & this standard is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
Why your organization would require FSSC 22000 Certification?
Organisations would require FSSC 22000 Certification in order to attain the below benefits:
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- A preventive approach to Food Safety, Food Defense & Food Quality
- Compliance with international standards and regulatory requirements
- Improved traceability of products
- Reduced investigation time
- Increased organizational credibility & reputation
- Compatible with ISO 22000:2018 and Pre-Requisite Programs (PRP)
What are the various steps involved in establishing FSSC 22000 Management System?
- Analyse the gaps
- Identify the food safety hazards, risks involved and legal requirements
- Conduct hazard analysis and prepare HACCP plan as per the Principles
- Define Food Safety Policy
- Establish Food Safety Objectives
- Plan to prepare FSSC 22000 documents
- Define roles and responsibilities of all towards FSMS
- Develop food safety policy, procedures, documentation, objectives & targets
- Assist to conduct Internal Audit and Management Review
NIST has delivered consultancy services to below industries and helped them to successfully achieve their ISO 45001:2018 Certification.
- Aerospace – Component Manufacturing
- Warehousing, etc.,
Total no of certifications achieved – 59.
A competent team of Food Safety professionals with more than 25+ years of collective experience in industries like:
- Food Processing,
- API, etc.
(Pre-project, Implementation & Post-project)
An Excellent end to end support to clients during
- Pre-project phase (Understanding the scope),
- Implementation phase (Assisting to conduct 1st Internal Audit & Management Review Meeting) and,
- Post-project (Recommendations for any NC corrective action plan).
What your organization will receive from the service?
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Food Safety Observation Reports
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) & PRP
- Allergen Management
- Food Safety Documentation (Manuals, SOP’s, Checklists, and Templates)
- FSSC 22000 Training
- Shop floor training programmes
- Action planning
What types of Organizations can undertake this FSSC 22000 Consultancy?
Organizations in the food chain irrespective of their size and type can undertake FSSC 22000 consultancy.
- Food Manufacturing Industries
- Food Processing Industries
- Export & Import Industries
- Packaging Industries
- Retail Industries
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Catering / Canteen
- Re-packers, etc.
Our FSSC 22000 consultancy services are based purely on customer needs and involve our expert team who will outline an FSSC 22000 standard implementation timeline including the process improvements, recommend necessary training, specify dates for internal audits & achieve improvement in food safety performance.
A realistic timeline for an organization to achieve certification is somewhere between 6 to 8 months depending on their size and complexity.
FSSC 22000 certification will be valid for 3 years. However, the certification body will carry out surveillance audits annually to ensure that you are compliant. FSSC 22000 also requires an unannounced audit once every certification cycle, during a surveillance audit. Every 3 years, you will be requested to complete a recertification audit of the entire system.