NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Rapid technological developments and large-scale mechanization are the prime reasons leading to unforeseen reactions and unexpected risks in process industries. Therefore, equip your potentials in the effective management of process safety risks by pursuing the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course. This course provides a sound breadth of knowledge and insights in the internationally recognised principles and practices for the management of process risk. Besides safety aspects, this course certification makes you to stand out from the crowd and become the first choice in the eyes of the employers, as process Safety Management is gaining vital importance in hazardous process industries.
QualificationNEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Duration5 Days - Day
10 Days - Evening
Training ModeVirtual Training
LevelIntermediate / Level 3
PrerequisitesNone, however pursuing NEBOSH IGC would be an added advantage.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is a specialized course jointly designed by UK’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and NEBOSH for the people working in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals. This course aims to provide blend of engineering and management skills to deal and manage with the incidents resulting from hazardous chemicals and other energy sources. Additionally, this course covers range of topics to nurture the significance of process safety management in the process industry, thereby empowering the participants to discharge their workplace responsibilities safely and effectively. NIST is offering the NEBOSH HSE certificate qualification with a world-class learning experience and skilled tutors. Also, NEBOSH recognized NIST as India’s First Gold learning Partner service for the excellent service.
Who can take this Course?
- Ideal for employees, managers, safety representatives and health & safety advisors working within the process industries
- It is also suitable for the delegates qualified in any NEBOSH qualification or having foundational knowledge in health and safety
- There are no formal entry requirements to undertake this course. However achievement of NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) (or equivalent) will be an added value.
- Minimum standard of English proficiency is required.
- Focuses on a number of proactive approaches to reduce the occurrence of hazardous events
- Enhances knowledge about handling chemical releases and other forms of Hazardous Energy
- Provides relevant expertise in reviewing the performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Helps to stay confident and better positioned in today’s incredibly fast paced markets and operating environments
- Aids employers in achieving increased productivity at par with international standards
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
- Students are assessed by a multiple choice examination for a duration of 90 minutes
- Question paper consists of 40 multiple-choice questions
- Pass standard for this course is 60% (24 correct questions out of 40). There is no practical element added to this qualification.
Issue of Certificates:
Certificates will be issued to the successful candidates usually within 20 working days from the declaration of the result date