NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals will be a wise choice if you are aspiring to leverage your health & safety career to the next level. The newly enhanced syllabus was developed by NEBOSH after consulting with more than 600 experts including subject experts, previous diploma learners, employers, and key stakeholders. This advanced qualification will proffer you the knowledge & practical skills that you will need in order to perform as leading health & safety professional. You will be entirely equipped to precisely recognize & solve the health and safety issues in your organization. The latest revision in this qualification aids in your academic and career progression.
QualificationInternational Diploma for Occupational Health & Safety Management Professionals
LevelAdvance / Level 6
PrerequisitesNone, however pursuing IGC would be an added advantage
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals will be the right progression after pursuing the prestigious NEBOSH International General Certificate which lays the basic foundation of health & safety concepts. Though there is no mandatory qualification or entry requirement, it is recommended to pursue the NEBOSH IGC before pursuing this International Diploma. This top qualification can be pursued via E-learning mode where learners can self-learn in the e-learning platform. At NIST, we have highly experienced Trainers who provide weekly exclusive webinars which will help learners to grasp the concepts in a convenient manner. Also, learners can avail individual tutor guidance from our Industrial experts. NIST, being India’s First NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, is a reputed course provider of NEBOSH International Diploma in PAN India locations & other major countries.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is designed to provide its learners with the knowledge required to perform as a health & safety professional. It also provides a sound basis for progression to post-graduate studies. As this qualification was developed after extensive research & wide consultation, it caters to global employer’s requirements. Thereby, this qualification can help a learner to achieve an appropriate career in the field of health & safety.
Successful learners are entitled to use the designatory letters IDipNEBOSH after their name once they clear the NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals. Also, following their successful completion, they are invited to attend the NEBOSH Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the UK.
Learning outcome 1
- Socio-legal models
- The International Labour Organization and its conventions and recommendations
- Non-governmental bodies and health and safety standards
- Third parties
Learning outcome 2
- Organisational structures
- Health and safety culture –Behavioural change programmes
- Traditional and proactive safety management
- Risk perception
- Human failures and factors –Improving human reliability
Learning outcome 3
- Competence, training, information and supervision
- High Reliability Organisations
Learning outcome 4
- Hazard identification techniques
- Managing health and safety risks
Learning outcome 5
- Loss causation Quantitative analysis of data
- Measuring and monitoring
Learning outcome 6
- Professional skills
Learning outcome 7
- Societal factors
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organisation change
Learning outcome 8
- Contractors –Supply chains
Learning outcome 9
- Occupational health services –Equality in the workplace
- Mental ill health –Wellbeing Workplace violence Lone working
- Health surveillance
- Hazardous substances
- Health risks from hazardous substances
- Epidemiology and toxicology
- Asbestos and lead
- Ventilation and PPE
- Hazardous substances monitoring
- Biological agents
- Musculoskeletal issues –Manual handling
- Workplace temperature –Welfare arrangements
Learning outcome 10
- Safe working environment
- Confined spaces
- Fire and explosion
- Dangerous substances
- Work equipment and machinery maintenance
- Work equipment
- Mobile work equipment –Lifting equipment
- Construction –Work at height, -Demolition, -Excavation
- Workplace transport –Work-related driving
The primary focus of Assessments is on the application of knowledge in order to prepare Learners to face Health & Safety tasks in the workplace
|Unit ID1||Assignment(in four parts-simulation, workplace based activities, reflective tasks and a research project)|
|Unit ID2||Case Study (Simulation only)|
|Unit ID3||Case Study (Simulation only)|
- Each assessment will be submitted to anti-plagiarism software to help identify possible cases of plagiarism/malpractice.
All assessments can be completed remotely i.e., do not require you to attend an invigilated examination venue.
In order to match the current industry/employer requirement, NEBOSH regularly reviews the syllabus in line with the qualification development cycle. Thereby, this latest revision involves wide consultation with employers, trade unions, learning partners, key stake holders, NEBOSH Alumni, etc.
In order to recognize the professional nature of the health & safety manager role, this qualification title was revised to ‘NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals’.
Yes, there are 3 assessments for the revised diploma:
- Unit ID1: Assignment
- Unit ID2: Case study
- Unit ID3: Case Study
Yes, the grading is based on the combined percentage mark of 3 units.
- Distinction: 226 or higher
- Credit: 196-225
- Pass: 150-195
Yes, the qualification gained under former specifications is still valid and has no expiry date.