Health and Safety Policy
NIST is intended to prove the management commitment in creating and adhering the highest standards of health, safety and the environment in coordination with the employees, clients, government agencies and the public.
The objectives and procedures are achieved through
- Consultation and provision of adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
- Ensure safe handling and usage of device & equipment.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- Conduct periodic audits and risk analysis to prevent incidents and cases of occupational hazards
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions and review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
NIST Quality Policy
NIST Institute Private Limited is recognized as an international centre of learning for Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental programmes, providing services on OSH Audit and Manpower solutions.
NIST is committed to raise the quality of training and maintaining the institute as an effective resource development hub under all changing conditions.
We shall contribute to the growth of OSHE services in terms of quality audits and solutions to uphold the highest ethical and professional standards.
We are committed to develop a motivated workforce to discharge duties and obligations with great sense of commitment and team coordination.
We are also involving ourselves in improving the effectiveness of the quality system through continual development of our process, systems and procedures.
Equality and Diversity Policy
- NIST Institute Private Limited is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all training courses, throughout the delivery of courses and assessment leading to the completion of the qualifications or units. This commitment is irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexuality, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
- NIST Institute Private Limited is committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly and equally, in order to help and encourage them to reach their full potential through training and development.
- If NIST Institute Private Limited is delivering courses in another country, due consideration is given to any geographical variations in, or additional, equality and diversity legislative requirements.
- Due to the nature of the qualifications and units delivered by NIST Institute Private Limited (with training courses of between one and five day's duration), equality and diversity monitoring is required to be an 'active' process that is concurrent with the delivery of the training. For example, it may not be possible to address issues of access or reasonable adjustment requirements until the candidate arrives on the day of training.
- NIST Institute Private Limited complies with the procedures contained in terms of conditions of accredited provider, which is updated annually. This includes arrangements for access, assessment of training needs, reasonable adjustment and special consideration.
- The commitment of NIST Institute Private Limited to equality and diversity could be assessed through regular audit.
- It is the responsibility of NIST Institute Private Limited to make all candidates aware of both the accreditation body and the centre's commitment to and implementation of equal opportunities through the provision of the centre's equality and diversity policy.
- Candidates are invited to contact the accreditation at any time about any issues relating to equal opportunities, in order that it can take action to address any inequalities.
- NIST Institute Private Limited encourages candidates to provide certain details for equality and diversity monitoring, which is collected on assessment forms and returned to the accreditation bodies
- NIST Institute Private Limited also encourages all candidates to provide feedback to the centre and the accreditation body on their learning experience, by responding to a feedback form issued at the end of each course, with specific reference to their experience of access and equality of opportunity. This method is used as it is not possible to obtain this feedback face to face due to the duration of the training for accredited organisations and units provided (short term courses).
Monitoring of compliance with equality and diversity
- All feedback, both formal and informal, from candidates, employers and clients or other interested parties, is reviewed by NIST Institute Private Limited. If any changes to the centre's policies or procedures are considered necessary to maintain compliance, these are actioned as soon as possible.
Training Policies & Procedures
Training is Multi-Faceted and Includes:
- The development of existing skills or the acquisition of new ones to meet the organizational needs
- Widening the knowledge base of learners to enter into or deal with new roles and responsibilities.
Company Training Policy:
- The Company will organize the training with necessary skills which is required for an employee of its organization.
- The Company would provide necessary infrastructure, within or outside the organization to carry out training.
- The Company would provide impact to the individual on Self development and begin progress in his career.
- The Company will communicate the training system, policies and procedures followed in the organization in notice board.
- To improve the employee skills, knowledge and attitudes through training methods followed in the organization.
- To facilitate the employees to accept, adapt and manage the change required for fast learning and changing environment.