Training TopicOHSAS 18001
For queries, & Assistance
About OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001 is an Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series certification for health and safety management systems, which enables an organization to control occupational health and safety risks and to improve performance. OHSAS uses the prevention concept, i.e. prevention instead of cure. This is integrated in the work protection law, and states the work safety and health protection should be treated in one complete system. OHSAS 18001 was developed by the OHSAS Project Group, an association of 43 organizations from 38 countries including national standards bodies, registrars (certification bodies), OHAS institutes and OHAS leading consultants.
Steps of getting ISO 18001 Certification
The process for establishing an OHSAS 18001 management system is essentially the same as the process used of implementing an ISO 14001 Certification system:
- Preliminary review of existing programs and systems
- Identification of hazards and applicable laws and regulations
- Developing new procedures
- Training personnel
- Implementing new programs such as internal audit and management review
- Seeking certification of the OHSAS program
OHSAS 18001 Implementation - Road map
- Formation of core team for OHSAS18K
- OHSAS18001 Awareness training program
- Establish safety policy and objectives
- Identify hazards and risks
- Evaluate risks likelihood and impact
- Verify the compliance with applicable rules
- preparation of draft OCP , initiation of OHSAS manual , Procedures
- Finalization of OCP and Procedures , Finalization of OHSAS manual
- Verification of adequacy of Documentation
- Issue of documents for OHSAS 18K ( OCP...Etc.)
- Internal audit training program
- Conducting 1st internal audit &Taking CA/PA
- Conducting 1st Management review
How can NIST help to get OHSAS 18001 Certification?
Our Team offers a variety of Consulting Services and Solutions.
We understand that each organization or person is unique. Our Solutions are comprehensive and will be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Provides well-planned and stage by stage audit program.
- A sound, lucid and non-disruptive assessment.
- NIST enhance your communication on the high value of work safety and employee health as an element of your company.
- NIST focus on the effectiveness of the system and the practicality to the local environment.
- NIST have a qualified and experienced pool of auditors, who can commit into the goals & objectives of our client to yield a desirable result within the timescale.
- NIST supports end to end handholding from creating necessary documents, formats, SOP in line with OHSAS requirement. NIST believe in partnership model & with good appreciation among prestigious International certifying bodies, in order to make our client life easier.