Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit
What is Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit (POA)?
The main intention to carry out Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit (POA) in any facility is to ensure / determine the safety measures adopted to create a safe working environment for employees & visitors before occupancy.
Ensuring & reviewing all fire safety aspects, electrical safety, occupational hazards which are associated with the facility are met as per legal standards & provide a recommendation to the management on existing challenges before starting the operations on the premises.
Why your Organization would require Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit?
Organizations would require Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit in order to attain the below benefits:
- Comply with safety laws & regulations
- Demonstrates the organization’s commitment to health and safety
- Highlights non-conformities and improves quality & service
- Brings value to the workplace by avoiding prosecution, litigation, absence costs & loss of reputation
- Reduced insurance premiums & indirect cost of workplace injuries
- Fosters workforce morale & wellbeing
- Enhanced employee awareness about safety measures
What are the various steps involved in the Pre-Occupancy Safety Audit process?
- Opening Meeting with the client team
- Site Visit
- Document Verification
- Closing Meeting with the client team
NIST has successfully delivered Pre-Occupancy safety auditing services to the below industries.
- Commercial Establishments
- Data Centers, etc.
A Competent team of safety auditors with more than 35+ years of collective experience will help you to identify the potential site hazards and manage the site-specific safety risks through a systematic assessment and verification process.
(Pre-audit, On-site & Post-audit)
An Excellent end to end support to clients during
- Pre-audit (Understanding the objectives & scope, select audit criteria & audit team members, develop audit plan, notify the facility & review the background information),
- On-site (Opening/Closing Meeting, identify areas of concern, site inspection, document review, staff interviews, an initial review of findings),
- Post-audit (Final evaluation of findings, submit the preliminary report, get management approval & submit final report) and
- Follow up or review (Verify the recommendations taken on audit findings)
What your organization will receive from the service?
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Executive Summary Report for the Management
- Customized Pre-Occupancy safety audit checklist with respect to client’s business model
- Detailed analysis of Observations and its Recommendations
- Pictorial evidence supporting observations
- Detailed dashboard tracker for multi-location audit
What types of Organizations can undertake this Pre-Occupancy Safety auditing service?
Organizations irrespective of their size and type can undertake Pre-Occupancy Safety auditing services to achieve compliance with relevant legislation before occupancy.