Safety Integrity Limit ( SIL) Study
SIL Assessment / Layer of Protection analysis
A multi-disciplinary team of Design, Instrument and Electrical Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, Operations and Management review each identified hazard and assign a target SIL for each Hazard. An approved technique is used, as defined in IEC61508, such as the powerful Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), semi-quantitative or calibrated risk graph. Methods used based on IEC 61508/ IEC 61511
- Ensures the right selection is made for the Safety instrumented system based on the assessment
- Reduces the cost of instrumentation in the project stage by avoiding over engineering .
- Ensures the intended function of the Safety device is not compromised
- Provides the right Cost/Benefit analysis for the organisation while selecting the Safety instrumented systems.
- Develops the preventive maintenance plan based on the criticality of the loop
- Ensures the safety of operating personnel and society by ensuring the reliability of Safety devices when demanded.